Chicago’s Loop District is perfect location to view, seatrial or lease
Our Chicago office is located at the base of the Marina City complex on the north bank of the Chicago River, directly across from Chicago’s Loop District. This downtown waterfront location includes 17 slips ranging from 31 to 78 feet. These slips allow for convenient viewing and sea trials of our first-class vessels. They are also available for year-round leasing and transient dockage to local boaters.
Renting a Duffy Electric Boat from Chicago Electric Boat Company is the perfect way to enjoy a sunny afternoon or an evening cruise with friends, family or co-workers on the Chicago River! Whether you are a tourist or a Chicago native, a ride on an electric Duffy boat is something everyone will enjoy. Click here to learn more about Duffy rentals at our Chicago location.
Marina City Great Location for JBYS and famous backdrops
- The opening sequence of the Bob Newhart Show included a shot of Marina City, and many people assume that Bob’s character lived there.
- The towers are featured on the cover of the Wilco album Yankee Hotel Foxtrot.
- In the movie The Hunter “Papa” Thorson (Steve McQueen) pursues a suspect in a car chase through the Marina City parking garage. His quarry causes him to eventually lose control of his car and drive it off of a high floor of the garage into the Chicago River. This scene was later recreated for an Allstate commercial in 2006/2007.
- A small scene in The Blues Brothers feature film captured the Marina City towers where the Chicago PD’s police boats are seen right before the Bluesmobile crashes through a roadblock.
- Marina City is featured in the montage shots of Chicago in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.
- Marina City is shown in the opening shot of the movie Captain Ron with Kurt Russell and Martin Short .
- The towers are also shown in the film The Break-Up. The film showcased many prominent landmarks of Chicago.